C&E #1250 EMD F7

Another rebuilt for my Cleveland & Eastern Railroad got its finishing touches. Beside the removal of the engine room windows, I removed the lower lamp housing on the front. I applied some decent body works by cutting back some lower skirting. I also added a winterization hatch on the last blower. I gave a little...

Coalloader part II

I did some tinkering over the last weeks, to figure out the best unloading lid design and interieur wall design. I finally have a setup of a working prototype to test some rows of Arduino code. The basic idea is to pull the lid open as long as a button is pushed. After releasing the...

Coal Loader – part I

First test iteration for the coal loader on the coal branch is materialized.I drew the sketch of the inner bunker and unloading outlet and 3D printed it. It is not the final version as I need to add supports for the servo motor which will later drive the unloading mechanism. But it is a first...

New colors for an old lady

C&E #1290 was the first engine I repainted for my railroad. It is a good runner, despite the fact that the shell is not as precise fitting as other N Scale engines. There are quite a few wide gaps, especially between the cab and walkway. But over the years #1290 had various paint schemes, among...

Ground cover

First layers of ground dirt is applied on the two mine I use sifted backyard dirt mixed with fine sifted sand. It is applied in random patterns beside and over the existing track ballast. I also added a little green fine turf to simulate first weeds between the runaround tracks.

Rockpainting

I continued the work on the mainline section below the mine run with some rock painting. First pass is a to highlight some spots with a raw sienna and ocher to mimic some color variations caused by nature. In the second pass I applied a dark umber wash to some deeper spots and rock seams...

Scroll to top