Work on the bridge scene continued, and I could close the gap in the track.
After the stream was finished, I started to work on some trees for the background behind the bridge. I had to finish this part prior to gluing the bridge in place, otherwise it would be hard to reach.
Before I fixed the bridge to its final position, I gave the abutments a little weathering.
I moved on and added some guard rails o the bridge track and gave the track section a grime weathering with powdered pastels.
With the bridge track finished, I glued it in place and started ballasting the last portion of track towards the bridge.